In loving memory of Lyndell McCreedy
June 12, 2019
Mom passed away peacefully at her home in Gainesville today. She is survived by her family:
– Sister Virginia Sue Wheeler of Gainesville, FL
– Son John and wife Kathleen of St. Helena, CA
– Son Brad, wife Evangeline, of Newberry and their children
– Granddaughter Maren McCreedy Cochrane her husband Brian and their daughter Madeline Rose of Aurora, CO
– Grandson Sean McCreedy of Cornelius, NC
Born Lyndell Davis in Seminole County Oklahoma, her family worked hard to make a living during the dust bowl and great depression before moving to California when she was twelve.
She graduated from Santa Ana High School and attended Pepperdine College for one year before moving to Vista, California.
In Vista, she met and married John McCreedy, a decorated WWII war veteran who had settled in Northern San Diego County from his family home in Iowa.
John and Lyndell raised their family in San Diego before moving to Florida in 1972. In Jacksonville, they worked together in a family business until John passed away in 1985.
Lyndell retired to Gainesville in 1992. She was a member of Glen Springs Road Church of Christ.
At her request, there will not be a service. She will be laid to rest next to her husband in Jacksonville. Donations can be made to Haven Hospice 4200 NW 90th Blvd.
Gainesville FL 32606 in lieu of flowers.